Your partnership with Princess can open doors to career opportunities. Job openings are posted on our Portholes intranet site and displayed near the Crew Office. Crew are eligible to apply for posted positions when onboard, after they have completed the first two months of their second contract. Internal candidates must meet the position requirements for the posted positions to be considered.
Promotions are managed in partnership with shipboard management, shoreside operations, and Human Resources. For advice on career and promotion options, make an appointment to speak with your supervisor or the Human Resources Manager on your ship.
Refer a Japanese-speaking candidate for shipboard employment and you could earn up to $1,000
You understand our core values, our CRUISE philosophy, and what it takes to be successful in our company. That is why we are asking you to help us meet our shipboard needs for the Japanese market.
Do you have a friend or former colleague who would make an excellent addition to our shipboard team? You could earn up to $1,000 if the person you refer is hired.
Referring someone is easy
To participate, have the qualified person email his or her résumé to Jessica Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Current Princess employees are not eligible as candidates through the referral reward program, but our internal promotions process is available for qualified employees through the Human Resources Manager.
You could earn cash rewards if the Japanese-speaking candidate you refer is hired for one of the following positions:
- Retail Staff - $500
- Retail Watch Specialist - $500
- Retail Beauty - $500
- Photographer - $500
- Videographer - $500
- Cruise Staff - $500
- Customer Service Agents - $500
- Shorex Staff - $500
- Graphic Designers - $500
- Security Guard - $500
- Dining Staff - $500
- Buffet Staff - $500
- Future Cruise Consultant - $700
- Circle Host - $700
- Doctor - $1,000
- Nurse - $1,000
- Paramedic - $1,000
- Meet the hiring requirements for each position.
- Be able to work well as part of a team and commit to a six-month contract.
- Be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be fluent in English and speak Japanese (language testing, in accordance with the Japan Foundation, will be required).
- Be someone you know personally.
- Not be current Princess employees.
- The offer applies to first-time referrals (candidates who have not previously applied to the company).
- If your referral is selected for an interview, he or she must enter your name under “How did you hear about this position?” at the time he or she completes the employment application.
- If you refer a candidate who is hired into a position outside of the above listed positions, you will not be eligible for the reward.
To receive a reward
If your referral is hired, you must complete the Reward for Referral form (available from Jessica Miller) and submit it within 90 days of the hire date. Both the referred and referring personnel must be employed by Princess Cruises at the time payment is made. Payment of the reward will only be made after the referred candidate has successfully completed 90 days of continuous service. Cash rewards may be taxable.
- » Career Development
- Crew Assistance Program
- Crew Internet Service
- Crew Self-Service
- Planet Princess
- Policies & Procedures
- Safety & Security